- Do you have dramatic mood swings?
- Do you feel constantly guilty?
- Do you find yourself unable to concentrate?
- Do you suffer from obsessive thoughts or actions, such as repeated hand-washing or constantly checking whether you have left the gas on?
- Do you get aches in your back and shoulders?
- Do you often feel apprehensive or frightened?
- Do you suffer from diminished libido?
- Do you feel angry or irritable much of the time?
- Do you experience feelings of paranoia?
- Do you have feelings of self-loathing or lack of self-worth?
- Do you have suicidal thoughts?
- Do you suffer from insomnia, nightmares or simply wake up still feeling tired?
- Do you suffer from breathlessness?
- Do you suffer from frequent indigestion, constipation, or diarrhea?
- Do you experience muscle twitches?
- Do you feel constantly tired?
- Do you suffer from palpitations or a "lump" in the throat or stomach?
5-8 - Your stress level is relatively low but there might be a danger in the future if you do not recognize the stressors in your life. Identify the person or problem making you fell anxious and think of ways to react differently -whether to avoid them, confront them, or negotiate.
9-13 - Your stress level is quite high and could be affecting your mental and physical health. Try to relax. You may need a holiday. Re-evaluate your career and personal life. Make a list of your priorities so you're not trying to do everything at once.
14-17 - Watch out! Your stress level is reaching overload. It's high time you step back and detoxify. Get a new hobby and set aside more time for yourself. It may also be time to seek professional help. You need to change your life - fast - and therapy or counseling may help. Psychological burnout is a real danger.