Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Big " C"

The Big “C” (Cancer) strikes my friend. She was then a co-employee where I’m still connected now and was one of our Top Sales Achiever in our Department. Her name is Elma J.Tabamo from the City of Friendship in Cagayan De Oro, Northern part of Mindanao in the Philippines. She had breast cancer in 2005. But despite of her illness she has shown extraordinary courage. Her strength, optimism and determination have never wavered even when faced with discouraging options.

I remember her as being so calm and brave after knowing that her Breast Cancer is Malignant and is on Stage 3-B. Despite of it, she managed to take care of her family and would go to her radiation therapy every day. She never faltered in her determination to keep going and survive this battle.

It was after a year when her fight for this battle has ended. God’s time has come and Elma had to leave her husband and two adorable kids and is being with our Father in Heaven.

When I’ve heard about this sad news that she passed away, I was in the office then and checking my emails. To my surprised, I’ve got an email from her with a subject “ Good day” and when I opened the mail it has actually no message and found out it is only a spammed message. It was my first time to receive a spammed message coming from her. I told myself then maybe she’s around and requesting me not about sales matters but a simple prayer for her soul. And so I did. I was in silence for about 5 minutes and bowed my head and prayed for her soul to rest in peace. We truly missed this lady who have once touches our hearts.

Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts from cells of the breast. A malignant tumor is a group of cancer cells that may invade surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to distant areas of the body. The disease occurs almost entirely in women, but men can get it, too. For more information about Cancer and Support please visit American Cancer Society site.

2 comments:

Mommy Liz said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my father 4 years ago (colon cancer) luckily, he didn't suffer too long. Scary now a days..when I feel something abnormal, I get paranoid, I go to the doctor and then, they can't find anything wrong..I guess, I am just scared to leave my 4 little kids and my husband behind..
Have a great week..nice blog site by the way...

Anonymous said...

sad naman. She is in heaven na. pray for her kids and husband na lang to cope up