Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Potty Training

Does your child shows signs of easily being disturbed and upset when his diaper is wet? Hiding at the back of the door and feeling very uneasy and shows in his actions, postures, gestures or facial expression that he wanted not to be disturbed and would like to go on a comfort place like, bathroom ? If yes, then these are some of the signs for you to start to potty or toilet train your child.

When my son shows these signs, I must admit at first I didn't feel so relax thinking how to start to educate him on his experience in acquiring a skill like this. When he has started to walk and has reached the age of 1 year and 6 months, I started to introduce colorful potty seats. During those times, we will go to the mall and bring him with us. Before buying our personal stuffs we would get first of his stuffs at the toddlers section. I will show him colorful potty seats and let him seat on it just like sitting on an ordinary comfy chair. I bought one for him and upon reaching in our house I sat on the potty seat and demonstrate how relaxing to sit on. I got some children's books to read. After awhile, he's pulling me to get off and he wants to sits on it and so I gave him some educational toys too. He then started to imitates my actions and sits on the potty while looking at the big and colorful pictures in the book and then playing with his toys.

My husband and I, have learned to have tons of patience as we go through this toilet training. We praised our son whenever he does right and reminds him always about using the potty. When he reaches the age of two, to our surprised we saw him inside the comfort room and sitting in his throne like a prince (lol) . He will call me for an assistance to hold him for he's still a little bit afraid that he might fall down.

To all Moms and Dad .....Be the Best Coach to your Child and The # 1 Super Fan . Always be there to support and guide them as they passed through this kind of experience.

2 comments:

Mommy Liz said...

Thanks for posting this MOMnificent..I will definitely try this with my girls. Wrozlie is 2 and she's still not potty trained, since it's easier for me to just change her diaper than stay with her in the bathroom..She has her potty and she did use it the first few weeks, but I wasn't consistent on teaching her, so she just kept using her diaper as her bathroom...
Stay cool...

MOMnificent said...

Yes Mommy, very effective just have a lots of patience. Talk to her while she's sitting in her potty seat or read some stories to her.

Great times!