My child is such a picky eater that we sometimes resort to force-feeding. Is there a better way to make our child eat? Is there an appetite stimulant to make a child gain weight?
Force feeding method might be effective for a while, but it will not make our child healthy eater in the long run. An appetite stimulant should be recommended by our child's pediatrician, who can assess our child's actual need for it. Here are some recommended tips by an expert Mom:
- Prepare creative recipes. Mealtime can be a source of fun too! With a syrup or milk, put a happy face (smiley) on your hotcakes, topped with a slice of fruit. There are recipe books that specialize in this .
- Make sure our child rested before they eat. Tiredness can depress one's appetite.
- Keep toys away while they eat.
- Discourage snacking just before mealtime.
- Be a good example. A picky parent sends the wrong signals to the child.
- Create a friendly atmosphere. Avoid discussing negative matters or, having arguments at the dinner table.
Lets avoid power struggles which tend to promote pickiness. Instead, decide what food to offer and when. Let our child decide how much to eat.