Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I had a miscarriaged

Having a miscarriage, even at a very early stage in pregnancy, is traumatic. Guilt compound my misery - seems like a miscarriage is my fault that everything I did and ate had caused the miscarriage... My case is missed abortion, the fetus dies and is not spontaneously expelled so I had to undergone dilation and curettage. It was one of the difficult times of our lives, it was a planned pregnancy and we saw it developing through ultrasound until it was 8 weeks old when the doctor told us the bad news.

I allowed myself to grieve, I was never over it until after 4 months after when I learned that I am pregnant again. Although, the fear of miscarriage keeps my joy guarded, I can not deny the fact that getting pregnant again as soon as it is safe is possibly the best therapy I had.

Some expectant women like me refrain from spreading the happy news until the fourth month, when we begin to feel secure that the pregnancy will indeed continue. But I have learned that though its hard for parents to accept it at the time, when a miscarriage does occur it is usually a blessing. Early miscarriage is generally a natural selection process in which a defective fetus is discarded, probably because it is incapable of survival or is overwhelmingly defective. Most women who have had one miscarriage do not become habitual aborters. In fact a miscarriage is an assurance of fertility, and the great majority of women who lose a pregnancy this way go on to complete one.

My doctor suggest waiting three to six months before trying to conceive again. I took advantage of this waiting period - I spend it improving my diet and health habits, hoping that this time around I'll have normal pregnancy and a healthy baby. I am on my third month and counting and crossing fingers and leaving it all to Him...

5 comments:

Mommy Liz said...

So shall I say, Congratulations??? Wow..so that would be your second baby. I hope it's a girl, since you already have a boy..well, whatever it is, I know you and your husband would be ecstatic...

Miracle said...

Congratulation, hope you have a healthy and nice baby :)

MOMnificent said...

Thanks Mom of Four and Miracle. I hope i'll be a mom of four also, but thats a long way to go-- Our happiness is beyond explanation, we just hope everything will be ok... will keep n touch :)

blessedmom said...

oh u are indeed blessed! congratulations mommy! i like how u perceive miscarriage-"But I have learned that though its hard for parents to accept it at the time, when a miscarriage does occur it is usually a blessing. Early miscarriage is generally a natural selection process in which a defective fetus is discarded, probably because it is incapable of survival or is overwhelmingly defective.."
u are amazing mommy :)

keep us updating ha! can't wait :)

Beth said...

Congratulations! I'll pray for you and the life of the child inside you. You are so blessed to have a baby again. I had an ofcmate who had a miscarriage four times! Let's pray and hope for the best!